Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Sweet Hour of Prayer Sympathy Card

Nothing soothes the soul like a bit of vintage, a touch of shabby, and the sweet sound of an old hymn. Add some pretty ribbons & trims, and we have the makings of a beautiful card to bring some comfort when a heart needs a hug.
I found a lovely old digital postcard image of a rose cluster that I knew would be perfect for a sympathy card I was making.  When out on an antique adventure a month or so ago, an old hymnal was being given away. I quickly grabbed it because I love to use the pages on cards and other paper craft projects.  A run through the printer and I can use this hymn as often as I like without worrying about running out of pages or songs.

The Edna crochet lace I used is currently out of stock, but there are many others that could easily be substituted.  Forsythia seam binding was distressed with several shades of ink to age as well as lightly moistened and wrinkled before tying into a bow with natural burlap string.  A pale yellow magnolia was lightly painted to match the image and then a leaf added for accent.

More details can be found at this post on my blog, "Just Coffee Please..." if you are interested.

Be sure to check out our current challenge while you are here! we'd love to have you play along!

2 comments :

  1. This is a lovely card - I really like the ribbon used on your creation as well - TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very gorgeous and antique looking with the colors of golds and browns. Love how you selected the colors for this and love how you did the seam binding ribbon. Just a beautiful card. Hugs, Nancy RRR design team

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say