Monday, December 28, 2015

Garage Pallet Grunge Art

Well life is slowly but surely getting back to normal as we recover from all of the craziness that led up to the holidays....

Today I want to share with you a fun gift I made for my husband.  He loves wooden pallets and the neat things people make with them.  One of  his favorite things to do is look at all of the clever ideas on Pinterest for projects made with reclaimed pallets.

When I saw that one of my favorite online craft stores was carrying miniature pallets, I immediately ordered several so that I could make a Christmas gift for my hubby!  When we would visit the auto parts store, I would find little odds & ends in the parking lot and put them in my pocket.  The same when we would go to the car wash.  Since I am always picking up little doo-dads and putting them in my pocket, no one in my family ever questioned what I was doing!  Guess the pack rat tendencies finally paid off! :)


While most people don't tend to think of ribbons and flowers as masculine, plaids like the blue/gold I used here, and burlap string are perfect for any project you make for a guy.  Neutral flowers also go well.  Most guys like flowers as long as you don't go overboard.  A few can add a nice touch.

I challenge you to make a masculine project (or several!) in the upcoming year.  I promise we'll have some challenge themes here at the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog that will work well.  Grab some plaid ribbon and get busy!  Especially while that amazing sale is going on! :)

See you in the new year! :)
Jennifer
Just Coffee Please...

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say