Friday, April 10, 2015

Day 8 of Ribbon and Crafty Secrets.....SWEET!


Hello, friends!  It's Karen Letchworth here today. This month at Really Reasonable Ribbon, we are partnering up with our friends over at Crafty Secrets to combine their sweet images with our delicious ribbons and trims.  The result is LOADS and LOADS of gorgeous creations from the Design Teams, and you can see it ALL right here on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog
I've created a few different cards for today's post.  This first one uses images from the Seasonal Images & Journal Notes (post card image) and the Crafty Secrets Love Mail Creative Scraps (floral images used to line the mini envelope).  The Really Reasonable Ribbon products used include the sweet Mulberry Flowers in Deep Vintage Ivory, Baby Pink and beautiful Baby Blue.  The RRR Trims used include their lovely 2 1/2 Inch Cottom Blend Vintage Floral Ribbon torn into thinner strips, and some bows made of Burlap String Natural Jute.
My next card is just as sweet, and it uses some of Crafty Secrets WONDERFUL digital images; including their adorable Bobbin Cards.  I absolutely LOVE the Creating With Sew Decorative CD7.  My heart be still!  This lovely CD holds over 180 images that fit the sewing, vintage, ephemera, antique loveliness category.  There are SO MANY GORGEOUS images in this lovely collection.  It was SO difficult to decide which images to use.  Where do I start.......or stop?  I'd have say that my VERY favorite image of all is this ADORABLE Vintage Sewing Receipt.  I printed it on antique linen ivory paper, and it truly looks like a page torn from an antique receipt book at a Vintage Dress Shop.  It's STUNNING!
Over the Vintage Sewing Receipt, I layered an image from one of the many 8x11 Button Card Sheets in this amazing collection.  This collection is SO sweet, and is filled with images, patterned papers, bit and bobbits of cuteness in the sewing genre.  If you love this theme, you will SQUEEL for this collection.  Crafty Secrets is waiting for you to visit!

OK......now, let's talk RIBBONS!  I'd like to tell you about all the GORGEOUS Really Reasonable Ribbons I used on this second card.  They are primarily ribbons from the April Ribbon Collection.  First, the gorgeous wider turquoise ribbon running up the right-hand side of my card is the lovely Delicate Stitched Satin Aqua with the Shell Print on Coral Rose Satin Ribbon on top of that.  Then, at the top right, the bow is made of those same two ribbons, and I attached tape measure washi tape to the Theresa Crocheted Lace to help my bow tie in with the theme.  I also added Natural Burlap String running up my card, in my bow, and wrapped around the tiny wooden spool.
For my third and final card of this post, I again used a sweet button card from the Crafty Secrets sweet Creating With Sew Decorative CD-7.  This CD has SO many sweet images on it, and I can't wait to enjoy them ALL.  I can't recommend it highly enough.  I adorned the card with some patterned papers, a doily, a rub-on sentiment, and a lovely bow made from Red Burlap String, Ivory Burlap String, Juliet Crochet Lace tied in a knot, and Red Chevron Striped Twill tied in a knot.  I just LOVE working with these sweet Crafty Secrets images and AMAZING Really Reasonable Ribbon ribbons, trims and laces.  What a great combination.

There's still time to play along in our current challenge, so be sure to join us today.  Happy shopping and happy crafting.  I hope you've enjoyed my projects.  Have a great day!

Karen

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say