Monday, November 10, 2014

Making Tags Using Your Scraps


Hello friends of Really Reasonable Ribbon!  It's new Design Team Member, Karen Letchworth here with today's post.  I wanted to share an idea with you all for using scraps when you make cards.  I've created two cards for this post using some of the FABULOUS ribbons available in the Really Reasonable Ribbon Shop.


My first card (above) has a length of 1 1/2" Red Gingham Ribbon peeking out from the side, and I tied my button with a length of the sweet Green Solid Baker's Twine just to make it pop.  There are several great colors of solid Baker's Twine available to give your cards that WOW you're looking for.


My second card (above) has the same Solid Green Baker's Twine in the middle of my button, as well as a small piece of the nice wide Red/White Natural Burlap With Wired Edge.  It peeks out from the left just enough to catch your eye and add a little something special to the card.  I used some wonderful Scor-Tape to adhere my ribbons and embellishments.


Finally, in the picture above, you can see how I took all the little scraps (you know the ones you have left over when you create cards) and I used them to piece together a couple of cute little tags that I can tuck inside each of the cards.  It's a great idea for using up those left-overs so that nothing gets wasted.  I adorned the tags with 5/8" Burlap Center Stitch With Red and the 5/8" Burlap Center Stitch With Green ribbons at the top of each.  These Center-Stitch Ribbons come in several great colors, and are SO cute on tags and cards.
I hope that you will grab yourself some new ribbons from Really Reasonable Ribbon and give it a try!  We'd love to have you play along in this month's awesome challenges too.

Happy Crafting!
Karen

4 comments :

  1. awwwwww Karen these are absolutely beautiful!! Love your use of RRR on these!
    hugs
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous Karen! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are just BEAUTIFUL!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say