Monday, February 17, 2014

Vintage Baby Card & Tutorials

Hello Fellow lovers of Ribbons and Trims!!
Heather here and today I am sharing with you a baby card that I made.
This is as close as I can get to a Clean and Simple look.
(I could probably get closer, but honestly it would drive me nuts having more white space..lol).
I used a piece of the textured two tone pink ribbon to create the tiny bow at the top of my baby onesie.  I used a couple pieces of the 1/4th" natural crochet lace to create the sweet vintage look to the sleeves of my onesie.  Of course these and the fabulous 15mm Baby Pink mulberry roses all came from Really Reasonable Ribbon!!
To create my card, I first designed my own onesie file, the sweet little duck is from the creative point.  I simply cut it out of some digi papers that I did to match my onsie.  I also used one of my vintage banners, and my alpha text boxes.


I also have another project that I would like to share.  I am back into my 
"Christmas in the Bank" mode.  Creating Christmas goodies ahead of time for next year :0) 
Crazy I know...but who knows I may actually be ahead this year!
I have a lovely Victorian inspired Christmas Ornament.
 I used my "Bow it all" tool to create the fabby ivory organza and melon hand-dyed silk bows.  You can see both bows, as well as the Cotton Candy Baker's Twine, and 20mm Deep ivory Mulberry Rose from Really Reasonable Ribbon in the close up below. 
I also used some glittery goodies and embellishments. At the top of my ornament, I used the RRR Pink Swirls ribbon for my bow.  Of course you know I like "interactive" pieces, so the candy canes come out.  
Here is a look at the back.  I ran out of the pink silk so I used my favorite Salmon Pink Seam binding with another 20mm Deep ivory Mulberry Rose.  I used elements from my Angel Ornament set, my Pink Victorian Mitten Sheet, and my new Victorian 2 Turtle Doves Collage sheet focals to create this piece.

I have a Youtube tutorial showing you how I made my ornament.  So grab yourself some yummy coffee, tea or hot cocoa, and some chocolate and have a watch.
I am in a "Tutorial" kind of mood, so while I am sharing, here is  another tutorial, for your blog that you may find fun!

 How to add a Pinterest Hover Button to your blog.
This is SUPER COOL!  All you have to do is add the html code one time to your blogger template, and then every time someone visits your blog and their mouse "hovers" over your images, a little "Pin it" button will show up!  That way your Peeps can pin all your beautiful creations...that you have made with your awesome 
Really Reasonable Ribbon Goodies of course :0)
If you are wondering what I am talking about, you can visit my blog here, and hover over a photo in my blog post...and my sparkly "pin it button" will show up (your button will look different, because I designed my own, but you will get the idea).

Thank you so much for visiting us at Really Reasonable Ribbon today!
Hope you have some time to create and play along in our
"For the Boys and Ribbon Challenge"
I can't wait to see what you create...and will be even more excited if you have a Pin it hover button so I can pin your creation!
Hugs!!
Heather

3 comments :

  1. Oh Heather your onsie card is adorable I love the way you went vintage with it. I love the banking Christmas idea if you start now and do a few at a time you can avoid the OMG moment of how many days till Christmas! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! That baby card makes me say, "awwwwww!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative designs Heather.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say