Tuesday, November 26, 2013

We OWL Give Thanks Treat/Place Card Setting/Video

Hello everyone.  Today I am sharing my Treat/Place Card settings for Thanksgiving Day at our house! These were designed using Toilet Paper Rolls, Really Reasonable Ribbon, & CottageCutz Dies!

To start with, I cut 1 toilet paper roll into 3 pieces.  This will give me 3 bases.  I used a total of 3 Toilet Paper rolls for 9 of these. Next I covered them with DCWV Design Paper and used Really Reasonable Ribbons Scor-Tape in 1/2".  It made it easy to attach the design paper to the rolls. Next I prepped all my CottageCutz Acorn OWLs and added TURKEY Feathers by using all CottageCutz Mini Leaves. Next I used Really Reasonable Ribbon Mini Ric Rac along the bottom in brown, and then added some RRR Buttons. OOoooo I forgot to add the darn BOWS to these, omgosh! LOL  Oh well, they are going BowLess....hahahahahahaha

Next I used Plastic Saran Wrap to wrap up 4 Reese's mini cups, tied them up with Brown Seam Binding, and then added a ticket for the NAME using Hemp in Natural.


Supplies Used:
Buttons Ivory

Other supplies Used:
Copic Markers
DCWV Dp
Toilet Paper Rolls
Hot Glue
SU! ticket punch and ticket stamp


Video showing briefly how I made these super fun Toilet Paper Place Card settins/w treat!


These were SUPER FUN to make, and this is my 1st year doing a place card setting for Thanksgiving! :) I thought it would be neat to add some candy for a treat! Super FUN!!! You will have to try these!

Thank you for looking and hugs to all,
Cheryl

8 comments :

  1. I love owls, I love a good play on words and these owls fit the bill. Your guest will be talking about these favors for a long time TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love owls too, and this one is so darned cute, and it looks very easy to make even, which is soooo cool too. I´m sure your guests will love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just adorable Cheryl. Who knew toilet paper rolls could be so cute. It's great to recycle something you would normally throw away into something as fabulous as this. What do you have as your little goodie in there. Is it those mini hand sanitizers? That is awesome.
    Love it
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaha-Reese's Cups my favorite. I am going to try these for Christmas and do those little mini hand sanitizers from Bath & Body. My bank friends will love that!!!!
    Bear Hugs Again
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look amazing, Cheryl! You have such a great ideas and really do wonders with the CottageCutz dies, paper and ribbons... :).
    Hugs,
    Simona

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute project! Love the owl turned into a turkey, great idea! Hugs, Frances.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Cheryl, this looks amazing. You did really fabulous work here and I just love your Treat/Place Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so darling...and such a clever design. Well done, my dear!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say