Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Quick Tutorial with Lace



Hi everyone!
Linda here today with a quick tutorial of how to create an adjustment of your embellishment. It can be as simple as flower, button, chipboard, you name it... For this tutorial, I am going to use flower for the sample. 
There are many times when you really want to use a particular flower, however the size is either too small or just not fit properly. Here is a quick trick of how to enlarge your main embellishment, which is to create ribbon like bow that usually seen on gift box, you know what I am talking about...
 
To create ribbon shaped bow, place the end of the ribbon on the very bottom of the bow foundation as shown on the picture below;


If it is too hard for you to hold it onto the position, you can use mini staple to put it in place and start building the second foundation of the bow;



Just keep adding layers until you reach 5 loops to create the star shaped ribbon.
 
I used lace and made a simple star shaped bow with nothing on top, as I am going to put flower to cover the space area.


And here is my final project... 
After I put the pink flower on top, the size of the main embellishment is now larger and fit nicely on the card. 


I hope you try this simple technique and experiment with multiple embellishment out there!

Thank you for your time today to read my post and I will talk to you soon!

Other Materials:
Crate Paper cardstock sticker
Queen & Co pearls
Papertreyink Cutting die
WOW! clear stamp
WOW! embossing powder
Pier One Import flower


3 comments :

  1. This is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome, but I can´t see any tutorial here for the lace anywhere????? I had expected to see a tut on how to use the lace to make the star, from that headline here, and I would really love to see that, if anyone can show, how it´s made. But the final thing looks amazing, that´s for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I also love this but thought there was a tutorial....would love to see one...??
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say